Wednesday, October 23, 2013

59:365

Maxi by Matty M, Lace knit top by Soprano, wedges by Guess.

Do you have a maxi dress hanging in your closet and are having a hard time busting it out with this funky weather? Freezing in the morning, hot in the afternoon. Me too, but I wanted to show you how you can take that fabulous maxi and stretch it through another season. Throwing a light knit top or cardigan is a simple solution. The reason I chose to wear a knit over the top is because, not going to lie, most of my maxi dresses have a lower neck line, so the knit top transforms it into a modest outfit in a flash! I could also see this dress look stunning with an open-draped sweater. So don't shelve your maxi yet, there's still time! Now Courtney is going to walk you through hair and makeup to go with your fab maxi dress combo.

Ciao Bellas!
Jennica


Thoughts From Courtney.

This chevron maxi is a very chill style.  I love maxi dresses because they are flattering on everyone because they create length, especially with this print.  It also has a very classy and somewhat elegant appeal. This lace  off-the-shoulder top is so fun and playful. Let's stick with this theme by rocking high, messy ponytail.  It's fun, flirty and creates a nice amount of movement, but chill like the chevron print.  








The Tools.

For a high messy pony you will need a brush, a back comb brush or comb, a one inch curling iron, medium hold hairspray and an elastic. 







The Steps.

1. Curl all your hair in big chunks.  The curls don't need to be perfect, just adds movement.  

2. Once curled, pull all of your hair into a super high ponytail.  To do this I flip my head over to get all my hair onto the very top of my head.  

3. Wrap the elastic around it to secure it.  

4. Then backcomb the curls at the base to add body.  I like to loosen the front part of my hair so it doesn't have a 'slicked' look.  But you can do what you prefer. Sometimes I even pull a few pieces down around my ears to add a little more messy to it.  

5. Spray the whole look with the hairspray and you're done!  

6. To complete this look, add some winged eyeliner for a little more glam.  
Smile, be bold and know your beauty!  

XOXO Courtney

No comments:

Post a Comment