Sunday, October 13, 2013

49:365

Plaid shirt by Mel & Mo, jeans by Joe's Jeans, shoes by Me Too.

I'm sitting here on my friend's deck, mimosa in one hand, coffee in the other, looking out on to the vast Wenatchee Valley, while the beams of sun keep me warm from the chilled air. Birds soar and crow overhead, speaking a language I don't understand but yet it resonates with me. I feel peace on my chest, light in weight but heavy in calmness. And I reflect. 

I reflect on my own words a few days back about embracing change, no matter the context. I have been bummed that my childhood home will no longer be a place I can return to, but I heard a song today, "Home is Whenever I'm with you" and it reminded me that it doesn't matter where your home is, but it matters who you're with.

Cheers to my friends and family that I hold dear and near to my heart.

Jennica

No comments:

Post a Comment