Wednesday, October 30, 2013

66:365

Poncho by VeronicaM, pants by Mine, boots by Born ______.   I couldn't tell what the second word was - it had worn off...

The Outfit.
This top is an interesting print, but I still love it!  The poncho.  It's great because it's literally flattering on anyone. No matter your body type, you can pull this off.  As long as you don't have a boyfriend that calls it your big bird shirt, you'll be fine. It apparently has wings...only boys would think of things like that. ;) Since there are earth tones in the top, I thought I could get away with wearing brown boots.  If I had a pair that was more of a camel color, that would be ideal, but I don't!

The Thoughts.
My friends always give me a hard time because whenever I go (went) shopping, I can always find something I love, and come home with something "fun".  Apparently describing things as "fun" is a girl term that doesn't make sense to some people with the initials JB.  Apparently a clothing item can't be "fun".  For the first time ever, I Googled the definition of fun and here is what I got. Fun: Enjoyment, amusement, or lighthearted pleasure.  I guess JB is right and it doesn't really describe clothes, but news flash. It ain't neva gonna stop. :)  "OMG, that dress is SO fun." All that to say, maybe you're not like me, but if you choose to go shopping as something to do, you have a 100% increased likelihood of finding something that is "fun" and you have to have! This turns in to you spending unplanned money.  Let's say you find $25 worth of clothes or stuff for that matter that you have to have every week. That equates to $100 per month, which equates to $1200 a year. Hmmm, the options are endless of what I could do with that $$! I'm not saying you would be rich, but it would definitely open up some pretty sweet Price is Right doors!
Think twice.  Do the math.
Jennica






The Makeup.
Top: Power Volume 24H. Middle: Lash Out Butterfly
My favorite at the moment is Power Volume 24H!
Let's talk about mascara. Truth is, if I were on a stranded island, I would bring mascara. It's is such a simple piece of makeup, that makes a big difference in drawing attention to our eyes, and opening them up. Now I've tried all the high end, super expensive brands. I'm not complaining, I loved my Armani mascara and my Dior Show as well. But I always revert back to a drug store brand! I am in love with L'oreal. They are always coming out with a new type of mascara, and most of them are incredible. My favorite at the moment is the Voluminous Lash in blackest black. I wear waterproof, but the non waterproof is just as great. I also just tried the Butterfly mascara and it was fine, but didn't really seem much different than the Voluminous.  So take your pick, but definitely pick up a L'oreal mascara next time you're at your local drug store.

XOXO

Courtney





No comments:

Post a Comment