Sunday, October 20, 2013

56:365

Dress by Imaginary Voyage, scarf by Old Navy, hat by Forever 21, sweater by Rubbish, boots by Seychelles.

I've never worn this outfit before.  I actually like it.  I like how it's a transitional outfit for this random cold-to-hot by the minute weather.  My dress is a strapless dress which I love wearing in the summer, and I'm excited that I'm getting a little more use out of it.  If you ever want to pull those dresses, whether strapless, maxi, or backless, through the fall season, throw them on with a sweater and tights!

This afternoon I went to lunch with a friend and our goal in choosing a restaurant was that it had to be somewhere new for both of us.  We ended up at a local joint called Lardo.  If you ever want to have high self-esteem while eating, I wouldn't recommend going to any place called Lardo, but in this instance, it was an exception. With local brews on tap, and a selection of all-things-meat, I ended up choosing a Pork Belly Gyro.  I have a secret obsession with gyros and I now have a secret obsession with Lardo gyros.

The irony of ending up at this restaurant is that I was recently reading the 10th anniversary addition of the Portland Monthly where they were featuring top restaurants in Portland.  As I browsed their selections, everything looked so fancy, it actually looked disgusting and honestly, someone would have to pay me to eat their featured grub.  I hate saying that as Portland, Oregon is a food mecca of the world, however I think sometimes people just try too hard.  I finally landed on a page displaying a scrumptious burger, with a pickle sticking out of a tooth pick on top.  That was the only place from the whole magazine where I would've stepped foot through their doors.

48 hours later.

My friend and I wanted to eat somewhere new.  I couldn't remember the name of the only place in the magazine that looked somewhat appealing.  I then recommended a place that had a cool light up sign in the window and had a picture of a pig.  We somehow made it over to this place that I vaguely described.  As I was waiting in line, a server came out with a delicious looking burger...And what did I behold with my own eyes?  A pickle sticking out of the tooth pick, on top of that delicious looking burger.  I had somehow found the one restaurant I wanted to go to, without remembering the name and without realizing I was even going there!  Destiny, my friends.  Destiny.

Ciao for now!

Jennica


No comments:

Post a Comment