Thursday, October 10, 2013

46:365

Blazer by BCBG, tank by Trouve, jeans by Dylan George, heels by Cole Haan.

I had a dream.  No I didn't have a dream like Martin Luther King Jr.  I didn't have a vision that was inspiring and life changing.  I had a literal dream about shopping.  I had a dream that I secretly went shopping while committing to my 365 project, hoping no one would find out...

Sure enough, in my dream, a friend approached me saying something along the lines of, "Hey, aren't you doing that 365 project?  I thought you weren't supposed to buy clothes..."  I then proceeded to tell her that it was a "gift for someone."  It was lies, all lies!!  I had been caught red-handed and didn't know how to get out of it!

I laugh at this for no other reason then yes this sucks.  It sucks that I have something that I literally HAVE to do every single day for an entire year.  It sucks that I have most likely hundreds of people that know about my project and I'm letting myself be held accountable by that.  And it sucks that if I ruin a piece of clothing, I can't replace it until the end of next August.

For example, after work yesterday, I accidentally made two giant snags in my sweater and I'm pretty sure it's no longer wearable...Or not to mention my only pair of gray jeans that I spilled coffee on.  I then used Oxy Clean to get rid of the stain and it somehow faded an area the size of China.  Not cool. Because of this project, I cannot replace those jeans.  I only have myself to "blame."

All of this to say that though I really do love doing this project on many levels, it's not all butterflies, rainbows, and roses.  Being committed to something like this takes determination, and when I checked Webster's definition, determination doesn't include the word easy.  At the moment, I'm feeling past the honeymoon phase.  Rant over.

If you're past the honeymoon phase, whether in a job or a relationship, or something you're committed to long term, how do you choose to overcome that?  Feel free to leave comments below sharing your insight, strategies, and inspirations!

Jennica


4 comments:

  1. love the post today Jennica! your blog is awesome and I'm glad you're sticking with it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Brandi, I appreciate the encouragement!

      Delete
  2. Dye those jeans! Get creative :) You may end up liking them even better, or you may still toss them. But you'll only lose your time! (Or just do something quick like this? http://www.abeautifulmess.com/2011/09/heart-jeans-diy.html )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll have to check that out. I actually like the wash of these jeans but I might keep it in mind for another pair that needs a little TLC. :) Thanks for the suggestion Sarah!

      Delete