Monday, October 21, 2013

57:365

Blouse by Elena Solano, skirt by Tulle, heels by Lulu Townsend.

Ladies, if you can't tell, I love high-waisted clothes!  Even if you think you can't pull off the look, I want to you as least give it a try. Somewhere like Nordstrom will really help you out in finding the right look/style.  I know it's not necessarily for everyone, but you might be surprised at how you feel. ;)

I've been thinking lately about water.  We use it for everything. Washing dishes, washing clothes, drinking, cleaning, brushing our teeth, showering, the list goes on.  I've been thinking about how I leave the water running when I'm brushing my teeth.  I use more water than I need to in order to clean my dishes the first time only to put them in the dishwasher where more water will be used to actually clean them.  I don't even want to talk about how long my showers are...


I remember learning about saving electricity and water in fourth grade, when my teacher, Mr. Evers, explained how important it was.  He taught us to not leave the refrigerator open longer than we were actually pulling something out or putting something in. He taught us to turn the water off while we were brushing our teeth. And he taught us about the bigger picture and what is impacted by our laziness in wasting water and electricity.  I'm surprised I still remember that, and a lot of good it's doing at the moment...But what's more important is that I'm still thinking about it, and though I've been wasteful in the past, being aware is half the battle.  So I'll do my part to put in more effort to conserve water if you'll do yours.


Jennica



No comments:

Post a Comment