Thursday, October 31, 2013

67:365

For your viewing pleasure, I have included some pics of my kitties wearing their Halloween constumes!

As I was reflecting back on prior Halloweens, I noticed a pattern. A pattern that was unintentional. Starting in middle school, I have been an inanimate object every year for Halloween. Now I won't bore you with the details, but one year, my brother and I were a pair of silverware. Yes, it's possible. We basically wrapped ourselves in foil, and voila! Silverware. To top that off, we were disco silverware.  Not sure what that is?  It's when you put a glow stick necklace around your neck. Duh.



As we were leaving to go to the Halloween party, we were convinced that we were going to win the costume competition. Who could compete with us? Yeah right. Hands down, not EVEN a competition. We showed up and people were impressed to say the least. They would say things like, "You guys are brilliant, how did you think of such an amazing costume?" And "Should I even vote?  You guys are clearly the winners.  Hey everybody, I found the winners of the costume contest." And "Dang you guys sure know how to wear foil." And "My Talledega Nights costume isn't even close to as cool as your disco silverware getup."  Warning: Some of the previous quotes may have been slightly exaggerated.
Help!  The turtle has me by the neck!

With our chests puffed out and our noses held high, we practically just walked over to the awards stand, snagging the prizes on the way. Oh, but wait. Harry Potter, along with two people in a cow costume, showed up, and if you haven't noticed from your own experience, Harry Potter ruins every party. That's right, you thought Harry Potter was this innocent little kid.  NO.  No he is not. He ruins Halloween parties.  Because his costume apparently is better then a legitimate pair of disco silverware. That little punk strategically showed up just in time for the voting.  People were blown away!  They said things like, "Wow, she really does look like Harry Potter."  And "No you idiot, that IS Harry Potter." She sure pulled the broomstick over our eyes...
Where'd Taz go?
Bottom line.  The cow and Harry Potter took first and second place, and there wasn't a third place. It was preposterous! Who doesn't have a third place award when giving out awards?! Sorry - competitive side of me just let loose.

Take-away from this story?  Lock the door and throw away the key and don't let cows and Harry Potter into any parties.

Bella is slowly being eaten by an angry turtle.
Jennica

PS-Stay tuned for my costume!  It was a little tricky to take a pre-pic, ya know...?

Meet Mona Lisa
She wore fake eyelashes because in real life she has none.

School Costume
For school I wore the above costume.  The other teachers in my POD wanted to do something together so we all wore crazy wigs.  Also, with my Mona Lisa costume, I wouldn't be very mobile to take pictures and participate in the Harvest Party.  I have to say, I was kinda fun to be able to twirl my hair again!

As for the Mona Lisa costume, I literally have no idea how I came up with it.  Here were the steps to making my costume:


  1. Order a poster online 2ft.X3ft.
  2. Staple the poster to a large piece of cardboard.
  3. Use scissors to perforate the edge of what you want to cut out.
  4. Remove.
  5. Wear.
  6. Be awesome.
Happy Halloween!!









6 comments:

  1. Was that at my house? I remember the awesome costumes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe you didn't mention the infamous costume from college where you went as a pair of...:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That was categorized as "Won't bore you with the details" above.. ;) It could also be a whole blogpost on it's own!

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Haha I know!! She was very immobilized when her costume was on... :))

      Delete