Tuesday, October 1, 2013

37:365

Jacket by H&M, scarf is vintage from my mama, tee by Xhilaration, pants by Trina Turk (on sale of course), heels by Cole Haan.

I actually got my H&M wool jacket from Goodwill!  After college, I took a hiatus from second hand shopping, once I slipped into my big girl pants and stepped foot into a big girl job.  However, one time a friend of mine was wearing an awesome jacket and I complimented it, saying how fabulous it was.  She said it was from none other than Goodwill.  So I saw that as a challenge, and took a peeksy a while back.  Low and behold, I came upon this jacket and I now have a wool jacket as a new addition to my wardrobe.  I obviously bought it prior to starting my 365 project, don't worry ;).

Yesterday, I talked to my students about a new rule to live by. Keep a curious mind.  My mother always encouraged this in me, reminding me that there's such a wealth of knowledge to be had, and not enough hours in the day to have it.  There was, and still is an urgency to learn more.  If she needs to know something, she researches it, learning more about it or figuring out how to do it. Life is too short to neglect curiosity.  Yes, sometimes ignorance is bliss but more often than not, ignorance is a pain in the rear...

Stay curious.

Jennica




No comments:

Post a Comment